Senior SQL Engineer
Senior SQL Engineer - Database Development
Competitive salary, Company Bonus, Healthcare, Income Protection, 26 days holiday, Health & Wellbeing Incentives
Remote initially, travel to the Leeds office 1-2 times per month for key events.
TransUnion UK provides the data, analytics and software that enable businesses to build more valuable customer relationships.
We specialise in managing consumer data for businesses across every sector. We focus on developing innovative products and services that help businesses make smarter and more informed decisions throughout the customer lifecycle.
We're TransUnion and we believe in Information for Good
What will I be doing?
- Contributing to the design of database solutions.
- Building and maintaining optimised and highly available database platforms.
- Building and continuously improving CI/CD Pipelines to ensure databases are deployed and configured using automation technologies.
- Establish consistent standards for ensuring High Availability and Fault Tolerant systems.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for automating relevant processes.
- Troubleshooting data issues, providing consultancy in the area of data growth and ongoing maintenance.
- Proof of Concept work to enhance and support the work of the System Build team.
- Work directly with Dev & Test engineers to optimise data architecture and design approaches.
- Contribute to and evangelise community best practices.
- Establish yourself as the Subject Matter Expert for the Product area you are embedded within.
What do I need?
- Strong experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Extensive experience using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience of SQL Server database Unit Testing
- Experience using source control (TFS/Azure DevOps/Git)
- Desirable experience using PowerShell
- Experience using CI/CD pipelines like TFS/Azure DevOps/Octopus
- Experience with AWS cloud is beneficial
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify root cause and permanent resolution
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience in Agile development environment
- A continuous improvement mentality
What's in it for you?
At TransUnion you will be joining a friendly, forward thinking global business.
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) a generous contributory pension scheme, private health care and a host of other employee lifestyle benefits.
We take Corporate Social Responsibility seriously; our TU Good Works scheme supports communities around the world by advancing financial inclusion and education.
To find out more and explore this opportunity further, please apply and feel free to contact Jon MacDonald on 0113 323 9746.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Data & AnalyticsBusiness Intelligence Developer / BI Developer£38000 - £42000 per annum
LeedsJob Title: Business Intelligence DeveloperSalary: Up to £42KLocation: Leeds/RemoteDo you want to work for a company that values the contributions of its team members and helps its customers make a positive impact on the environment?...Find out more
Data & AnalyticsTechnical Data ManagerNegotiable
LeedsJob Title: Technical Data ManagerLocation: Leeds/RemoteInside IR35 - Rate FlexibleWorking for a market-leading FTSE 250 Company, the Head of Data Engineering & Delivery role will allow the right individual to head up a greenfield pr...Find out more
- Inside IR35