Senior Data Engineer - GCP
Salary£55000 - £63000 per annum
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Salary: Up to £63K
Fruition IT have teamed up with our client to find a Senior Data Engineer to become part of their Data team. It's an exciting time to say you're part of Data, especially with all of the fantastic projects feeding into their migration over to Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
If you're looking for the freedom and flexibility to be your very best self, working in collaboration and learning from great people, then Data is the place for you!
The ideal candidate will be someone who actively looks to improve their engineering skills to become an expert in their tech stack!
What will I be doing?
- Deliver first-class software solutions, which are secure, appropriately tested, perform well
- Play a proactive part in owning your team's services
- Contribute enthusiastically to our continuous improvement of coding practices, application quality, tooling and agile processes
- Directly contribute to the design and code of the data pipelines operating on secure, production data
- Contribute to the end-to-end design and implementation of common components that improve our ability to write efficient and reliable data pipelines
- Endeavour to become an expert with at least one area or domain of the code/product
- Conduct code reviews, pair programming and knowledge sharing sessions
- Involve yourself in code deployments, including raising and completing change requests to deploy to production
- Mentor other engineers (including peers) in your areas of specialism, helping them to work through their challenges
- Take ownership and lead substantial units of work, from inception through to production
- Lead on the release of code to production and demonstrate ownership of the CI platform
What do I need?
- Demonstrable experience of working with and designing a platform, implementing best practices around data processing on an industrial scale
- Ability to deliver on projects of varied complexity across multiple domains
- Solid knowledge of data modelling principles, including data lakes and warehousing tools and techniques
- Hands-on experience with ingesting and processing streamed data (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, PubSub etc.) and data flow orchestration (Data Flow, Apache NiFi, Airflow, Luigi etc.)
- Strong understanding of the SDLC of data products, relevant CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker, TeamCity) and containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Adapt to new technologies and technical challenges, working in a fast-paced, dynamic and agile organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and highly numerate
- See things from a range of perspectives, taking onboard the ideas of others but knowing when to be decisive
To apply for this role or for further information please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0113 323 9746
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Data & AnalyticsBusiness Intelligence Developer / BI Developer£38000 - £42000 per annum
LeedsJob Title: Business Intelligence DeveloperSalary: Up to £42KLocation: Leeds/RemoteDo you want to work for a company that values the contributions of its team members and helps its customers make a positive impact on the environment?...Find out more
Data & AnalyticsTechnical Data ManagerNegotiable
LeedsJob Title: Technical Data ManagerLocation: Leeds/RemoteInside IR35 - Rate FlexibleWorking for a market-leading FTSE 250 Company, the Head of Data Engineering & Delivery role will allow the right individual to head up a greenfield pr...Find out more
- Inside IR35
Data & AnalyticsSenior SQL EngineerNegotiable
LeedsSenior SQL Engineer - Database Development Competitive salary, Company Bonus, Healthcare, Income Protection, 26 days holiday, Health & Wellbeing IncentivesRemote initially, max travel to the office 1-2 times per monthFind out more