Architecture in Digital Roundtable Event – The Write Up
Last night Fruition IT hosted our first Architecture Roundtable chaired by Lead Enterprise Architect, Stuart Mitchell from United Utilities. We had representatives from Yorkshire Water, O2, CSC, Asda, NHS England and Shell as well as others in attendance to discuss how architecture can shape a digital environment.
Stuart opened the discussion with his thoughts and experiences of his time at United Utilities and how they have transformed over the last few years. His main points were:
- Business Digitalisation – Is it Inevitable?
- What does Digitalisation mean?
- How do companies start to think ‘digitally’ about their customers?
- What are the steps required?
- What if we don’t digitalise?
- How do companies rearrange themselves to embrace digitalisation?
- Who are the agents of change within an organisation, who can enable and engineer this change to happen?
- What does ‘codifying the business’ mean?
- What does the world of the Enterprise look like in ten years’ time?
After he talked through these points the conversation turned to the table with people giving a fantastic insight in to their businesses and experiences.
Overall the event was brilliant and I’d like to thank all of those who attended. Your feedback was much appreciated.
We look forward to hosting our next event early in the new year. If you have any topics or would like to chair the event, please let me know!
Fruition IT are a specialist IT and Business Change Recruitment Agency based in the heart of Leeds. We cover Architecture, Development, Testing, Infrastructure, Project and Programme Management and Senior Appointments. If you would like to know more, please visit our website www.fruitionit.co.uk for more information.